Steps to Planning a Great Disney World Vacation
Many of my clients ask what the steps are to planning a great Disney vacation. Here’s a list I’ve put together that goes over some of the important ones!
How to Plan a Disney Vacation!
1. Decide when you might want to travel and how long of a vacation you would like to take.
2. Look at the various options for where to stay. There are so many possibilities! See a full list here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/
3. Talk with your Disney Travel Agent to get FREE price quotes.
4. Make a decision on your vacation and put down a deposit. ($200 is the required deposit for Disney World.)
5. When planning a Disney vacation, don’t forget to book your airline reservations or rental car, if needed. Give your Disney Travel Agent your flight information if you would like Disney’s complementary Magical Express transportation to and from the Orlando airport.
6. Plan out a tentative schedule of what you’ll do each day. (This is as simple as: Sunday: Magic Kingdom, Monday: Epcot, Tuesday: Hollywood Studios, etc.)
7. Look at your schedule and see what meals you might want to do on which days. If you want to see what meals are offered, check out this link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/. Click around and see what restaurants interest you the most.
8. At 180 days in advance (or whenever you are ready if it is less than 180 days when you book), make your dining reservations or ask your Disney Travel Agent to do it for you.
9. Decide what other events you might be interested in that need a reservation or separate ticket (like Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, behind the scene tours, Pirate’s League, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, etc. See a list here of some of your options: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/.)
10. Decide which days make the most sense for those events and make reservations for them.
11. Begin packing and getting “travel” items ready (activities for the kids for the car or plane).
12. Prepare your house to be gone (stop mail, stop paper delivery, etc.)
13. Leave for your fabulous vacation!!!
14. Relax and enjoy! Don’t try to do everything at Disney World–it isn’t possible! Let everyone pick one or two “Must do” activities each day and enjoy your time together!
Those are the essential steps to take if you want to plan a Disney World vacation! Contact me to learn more!
Authorized Disney Vacation Planner